1. The OMEA Memorial Scholarship grant will be paid to the recipient, personally, as soon as possible after the Committee has been officially notified of the beginning date for student teaching.
2. It is anticipated that five (5) scholarships in the amount of $750 each, will be awarded for the 2015–2016 school year.
3. Applicants must be members of the Ohio Collegiate Music Education Association.
4. Procedure for applications:
a) The APPLICATION must be received by the Committee no later than October 9, 2015, for applicants who anticipate student teaching during the 2015–2016 school year.
b) Attachments and enclosures must include:
- An ‘unofficial’ or downloadable transcript of college/university record (including 2014–2015 school year).
- Letters of recommendation from deans or department heads and chairs or coordinators of music education programs in the applicant’s respective college or university.
- A statement from the college or university that the applicant is certified as being eligible for student teaching. c) Incomplete documents will result in the application not being considered.
5. Applications should be mailed to: Nancy Ditmer, OMEA Memorial Scholarship Committee, 1524 Renwood Drive Wooster, OH 44691 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Deadline for 2015–2016 school year is October 9, 2015.
To download the full application CLICK HERE.