Dear OMEA Members:
The 2018 Spring issue of Triad is now available for your consumption. This issue is packed from cover to cover with some of the most exciting and meaningful content we’ve assembled this year. We’ve tried to connect a lot of the content using the theme, “Wisdom from My Mentors”
- Audition & Application Instructions for 2019’s PDC All-State Ensembles & Performing Ensembles
- A recap of our 2018 PDC in Columbus
- Research Poster Session recap from the 2018 PDC
- Feature Articles from Marcus Neiman (“Wisdom From My Mentors”) and Peter Jarjisian (“The Mentors Who Molded Me”)
- Mastering the Craft articles from Loren Veigel (Choral), Dr. Margaret Thiele (Gen Music), Mark Russo (Jazz), Penny Thompson Kruse (Strings), and LeslieAnne Bird (Teacher Ed)
- Reports from the Adjudicated Events Committee & State Tri-M Chair
- Higher Ed news from colleges and universities around the state
- Allied Organization news from the Ohio Association for Arts Education (Tim Katz) and Jazz Education Connection of Ohio (Myles Bowers)
I challenge you to take some time out of your busy schedules and give Triad a read. It is accessible right on the OMEA homepage. If your device allows, you can read it right from your computer desktop. You also have the ability to download it as a PDF file and read it on a tablet or other mobile device. You can even print it if you desire.
If you are an educator than you have knowledge to contribute. Consider submitting an article for the next TRIAD in the fall. Next academic year’s submission and publication deadlines are at the back of this issue.
Editor of Triad